Saturday 4 September 2010

Meditation by candlelight

David et Magalie via ESP
When I was at school we were taught how to meditate, during one lesson in R.E. (it's funny how out of all the lessons I learned at school, this is the one I remember enjoying the most).  

I'm by no means a meditation expert, but I think this is a pretty good jumping off point for those beginning with meditation.

♥ Light a candle.
♥ Sit cross legged in front of it, or however you feel comfortable.
♥ Whilst concentrating on the candle, count your breaths in and out from 1 to 10 (breathe slowly).
♥ As you count do not think any thoughts.  Nothing. Nada.
♥ When you feel your mind wandering, return your attention to the candle. 
♥ It is said that if you reach 10 without any thought at all, you will attain Nirvana.

Harder than it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment